Arizona's Dermatology and Cosmetic Center
At Grand Canyon Dermatology in Mesa, we provide leading-edge dermatology and comprehensive cosmetic services that help you look and feel your best. We emphasize excellent skin care and promise to treat you with personalized, professional attention that delivers the results you desire. Your skin often reflects your overall health and well-being. That is why it is important to entrust your skin with dermatologists, who are not only professionals in their field, but who also provide advanced dermatological care and cosmetic services.
Diagnosis & Treatment of Skin Conditions
Skin problems occur at every age. We diagnose and care for a variety of conditions that can affect your skin. These include:
- Acne: There are a wide variety of acne treatments now available. Grand Canyon Dermatology provides a solution for every individual. There is no reason why anyone has to go through life with blemishes, scars or low self-esteem due to acne.
- Moles, Birthmarks: There are different ways birthmarks and moles can be removed, depending upon the type, size, location and other factors. Laser treament or minor surgery may be required for complete removal.
- Warts: Warts are effectively removed by injecting chemicals to stimulate the immune system, or by freezing/burning them off. Most warts require repeated wart removal treatment over a period of time for permanent removal regardless of the method being used.
- Hair-loss: Depending on your type of hair loss, several treatments are available. Recognizing and treating an infection may help stop the hair loss. Correcting a hormone imbalance may prevent further hair loss.
- Aging Skin: Grand Canyon Dermatology can reduce visible signs of aging. Injectable fillers and botulinum toxin are suitable for people with busy lifestyles who do not want the inconvenience of a prolonged recovery period.
- Psoriasis: A common approach to treating Psoriasis is to start with the mildest treatments - topical creams and ultraviolet light therapy (phototherapy).
- Skin Allergies & Eczema: Medical research continues to show that the most effective treatment plan for skin allergies and eczema - regardless of type - involves using a combination of therapies to treat the skin and making lifestyle changes to control flare-ups and reactions.
- Skin Cancer: Most skin cancer treatments require only a local anesthetic and can be done in an outpatient setting. Sometimes no treatment is necessary beyond an initial biopsy that removes the entire growth.
- Tattoos: Laser technology is the latest advancement in tattoo removal treatment. Though traditional methods are still used, laser tattoo removal has produced better and more satisfying results for patients without a significant increase in cost.
In most cases, you can receive treatment for these conditions right at our Center. Often we will give you instructions for follow-up care at home.
Cosmetic & Therapeutic Services
We offer a wide range of cosmetic services to improve and restore the look of your face and body. These include:
- Augmentation: We use the lastest injection techniques and materials to correct fine lines or folds, improve lip appearance and correct defects resulting from trauma or injury.
- BotoxTM Injections: These injections soften lines around the eyes and forehead to give you a younger, fresher and happier expression
- Chemical/Laser Peels: We offer treatment for acne, sun damage, wrinkles and premature aging by using superficial or deeper chemical peels or laser resurfacing to restore a more youthful look and feel to your skin.
- Dermatologic Surgery: This involves the removal of benign and malignant lesions with cosmetic results.
- Laser Surgery: We have extensive experience with lasers currently in use to treat many conditions. These include removal of excess hair, port wine stains, unwanted blood vessels, warts, tattoos, liver spots, scars, wrinkles and a variety of benign skin lesions.
- Sclerotherapy: This is a refined injection technique to improve unsightly spider veins.
- Scar Repairs: We use a variety of topical, injection, surgical and laser techniques to improve various types of scars.